Wednesday 27 November 2013

Burke admits to seeking job with multitude of institutions


FORMER Finance Minister Nazim Burke has confirmed that he has submitted applications to a multitude of institutions inside and outside of Grenada, as he takes steps to secure his economic livelihood.

Burke made the admittance by updating his Facebook page status, following a story which was published in another section of the press that he had refused to confirm or deny that he had applied to an international organisation for a job that will see him residing outside of Grenada for a period of three years if he is successful.

In his statement posted on November 22, Burke said that in the aftermath of the February 19, 2013 General Elections, in which his Party, the National Democratic Congress, was voted out of Government, he has quite naturally been taking steps to secure his economic livelihood. “This duty I owe, not only to myself, but to my family,” said that statement from the Senator, who is one of three representing the Opposition in the Upper House of Parliament.

Without providing details, Burke said that there were deliberate and spiteful interventions by certain persons on at least two occasions in an effort to deprive him of an economic opportunity and undermine his economic livelihood.

“I regard it as contrary to my best interests to publicly declare what applications and expressions of interest I have submitted and what economic opportunities I am pursuing. What I am prepared to publicly declare, and do publicly declare by this statement, is that I have no plans or intentions to take up residence outside Grenada for any period of time,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment