Wednesday 26 June 2013

‘Bouncer’ is the CPL mascot


A cricket fan from Barbados has won a competition to name the mascot for the Caribbean Premier league (CPL) which starts next month.

David Ross’s idea of naming the CPL mascot Bouncer has been accepted by the organisers following a social media competition.

Bouncer was selected from a shortlist of five after officials sifted through hundreds of submissions from facebook and twitter fans.

“I listened to the CPL theme song which is very bouncy; I saw the mascot video on YouTube and the mascot was bouncing and it just hit me,” said Ross.

“The West Indies is known for bouncy wickets, and our brand of cricket and music is full of bounce. It is also catchy for children. Plus if you follow the ball it will bounce”.

Ross will receive VIP tickets for the three matches being held in Barbados, and a brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, courtesy of CPL sponsor, Digicel.

Bouncer will hand over the new smartphone to David at the opening ceremony, which he will attend with his family.

“I am elated about winning but even happier to just contribute,” said Ross.

“I was already planning to attend all the matches in Barbados with my family and now I have more reason to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment